Select Right Wood for Live Edge Reception Table
Wootique believes that logs/woods should be sourced ethically using the standard method of procuring woods which are further used in making custom furniture. Hardwoods like maple, walnut and some exotic woods are good options for live edge furniture. View More
There are many options for oaks. These include the red, white and black oaks and maple and sycamore. Each species is unique, but it’s possible to find a custom furniture maker that specializes in live-edge furniture & that’s where our team helps you to pick the best.
Step By Step Customization
How to fit Live Edge Reception Table with Interior?
Adding live edge furniture to your home is a great way to add personality and a custom touch to your interior design. However, if you’re not sure how to fit this unique furniture with the rest of your space, don’t worry – we’re here to help.
When choosing live edge furniture, it’s important to think about the overall style of your home. Is your interior decorated in a contemporary or modern style? If so, a live edge table or bench may not be the best fit. However, if your home has a more rustic or natural vibe, then a piece of live edge furniture is the perfect addition.
Once you’ve decided on the style of your home, it’s time to start thinking about the placement of your new furniture. When it comes to live edge furniture, it’s best to keep things simple. try to avoid overcrowding your space with too many statement pieces. Instead, choose one or two live edge pieces that will really stand out and make a statement.
How To Care Live Edge Reception Table?
- Do not let your piece sit directly in the sunlight as light is not good for organic materials and can cause changes in color and/or warping and cracking.
- Apply sealant, which helps prevent natural elements like rainwater, sun exposure, and plant growth from harming the surface finish. If you have a piece of live edge wood furniture outdoors, be sure to apply polyurethane annually
- Polish live edge wood with a conditioning cream when required.
- Do not place your furniture piece close to a fireplace as it will dry it out.
- Clean your live edge piece wipe with a slightly damp cloth. You may use a bit of mild soap or detergent. Make sure no moisture is left on the surface.
- Dust with a microfiber cloth.
What Else Can Be Made With Live Edge?
Since live edge furniture is all the rage, people are starting to get more creative with the types of pieces they make. Here are a few ideas of what else you can make with live edge: View More
Since live edge wood can be used for many different applications, it is a versatile material that can be used in a variety of ways. Some other items that can be made with live edge wood include lamps, tables, benches, chairs, personal bar set up, coffee tables, shelves, doors, windows and more.